Old June 4th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Robert R.

Default Canadian flag on the backback myth

I laugh when in a situation where I don't speak the language and the person
I'm attempting to communicate with speaks more slow, as if I can grasp what
they're saying when they speak that way.

Until then, I thought that only English speaking people like me who dealt
with those who don't speak it did that.

If you don't understand a word of Mandarin, someone speaking it at half
speed sure doesn't help.

Funny isn't it! I was listening to Arabic and I do not know a single word but I
keep wishing they would slow down a bit because I cannot tell where one word
ends and the next begins like a stream of water.

Even if they did I'd still be no better off.