Old January 12th, 2007, 05:17 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Tmac-100

Default Why not travel in the Land Down Under?

LandLord wrote:
"Tmac-100" wrote in message
When I was travelling in Australia jobs were available everywhere. I
travelled to Brisbane and Cairns, then overland by bicycle between Cairns
and Darwin. The NT had all sorts of jobs that were appealing to young
people. there were also teaching jobs (I am a teacher).

In the south (between Melbourne, Canberra, and Sydney) the same held
true. Friends' kids (now late teens ans early 20s) ALL had jobs.

No one was complaining about no work. I saw unfilled jobs advertised in
Sydney too.

Me? I flew back to Canada to my job after 9 weeks of "vacation" in OZ :-)
Ken, Canada

You said it all Young people. In the main if you are over 40/45 you will be
lucky to get a job to your liking.

Think and act young perhaps??

Just wondering, as there were several folks I met in Darwin who were
being interviewed for work after being "apprehended" by locals to do
work. It seemed that the young were too eager to switch jobs while the
over-50 types were willing to stick it out for a longer period of time.
Plus, they were more reliable at coming into work..