Old February 24th, 2013, 10:33 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

Default European Resturant Food prices (was Sicily travelogue)

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , tim..... says...

Well, wife and kids cannot survive on just a breakfast and a dinner
over
a whole day. There must also be a lunch.

Well yes.

But not three courses, surely?

You mean we should limit ourselves to just a dish of noodles and drink
only water? No salad, soup, no dessert?

No I'm not saying that you *should". You can chose to do what you like!

I'm saying that surely you do.

Do you really eat breakfast and two three course meals *every* day?

And even if just you order a dish of meat with some potatoes, together
with the "coperto" you are already close to 20 Euro (per person). Add a
drink and you are at 20 Euro.

There must be some choices for lunch other that this? No snack bars at
tourist attractions, cafes on the beach, restaurants inside large shops in
town, etc?

tim