Old February 9th, 2011, 05:09 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Bert Hyman

Default Wifi in USA hotels?

In Terry Pinnell
wrote:

Re that excellent suggestion about a 3G microsim for my iPad, I've
asked my son if it's possible to get me one in advance of my arrival.
I'll need about 16 days worth. Not sure what that would cost, but
presumably more than '$10ish'?

In the US, the iPad is sold in two flavors: One with WiFi and one with
WiFi+3G.

Does the WiFi-only model actually have all the GSM phone circuitry
installed and active, requiring only the insertion of the appropriate
SIM card? Considering the difference in price, that seems unlikely.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN