Old August 29th, 2007, 11:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
grusl

Default IATA bids farewell to paper tickets

"William Black" wrote in message

"Doesn't Frequently Mop" wrote
in message ...
Make credence recognised that on Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:30:54 GMT,
"William Black" has scripted:
These days, with difficulty, if you want to cross an international
border
anyway. If you want something that'll fool an employer into thinking
you're
a real immigrant with real papers all you need is something that looks
right, or just a visa stamp that's a fake in a passport that's real, as
Jean Charles de Menezes had.

Bad example that one. It would've save his life if it was picked up
on!

A really good example.

If he'd had legal papers and wasn't an illegal 'overstayer' he might have
shown up on the records and not got shot dead.

I was not under the impression that the police stopped him, checked his
documents and then shot him. I know he was under surveillance but would his
immigration status have really mattered under the circumstances?

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore