Old November 4th, 2008, 05:37 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

Default The Age of Feet

"Rik Brown" wrote in message

How about sitting quietly at the airport, enjoying a meal or snack, or
just waiting for your flight. Then you look down.

Bunions, toe nail fungus, athletes foot, blisters, open sores, flaking
dead
skin, you name it, it's there. Have these people ever heard of socks,
or
slip on closed shoes??I can't say that I've ever noticed people's feet
much when flying. I

personally keep my feet well protected due to the chill of the
aircraft. So I'd never fly wearing sandals or anything similar. Anyway,
most of my flying has been on business and most of the passengers around
me tend to be reasonably dressed.

I sorta sorry I read this thread. Now that it's been brought to my
attention, I'll probably start glancing down from time to time. Arggggggh.

Perhaps its because I've never flown on Southwest Airlines (or similar)
where I see people lined up at the gates in "anything goes" attire?

Southwest is usually known as the choice airline of Maw & Paw Kettle.
Anything goes. I fly them occasionly. It's not a bad experience, just
different, if you're used to flying Business or FC. In my line of work, I
have to go from A to B, ASAP, so I fly whatever is available.