Old September 14th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Verizon Customer

"ginny h-w" wrote in message
om...
The second weekend in October is a 3 day weekend (Columbus Day) and a
big leaf peeking weekend. I'd think about reservations if you are
hoping to stay near any major attractions. Western Mass. is a great
starting place. The Berkshires are beautiful and there's a lot going
on in the Lenox/Williamsburg area. Rte 2, aka The Mohawk trail, is a
scenic way to cross the state before heading up north.
Rte 1 is fine if you don't mind traffic and like to shop. Lots of
Antique Stores and tag sales and mini malls. The Topsfield Fair runs
through the 11th if you want a big event this is it. It's in north
east Mass.on rte. 1.

Yah, I'm in the process of making reservations. Sticking to el-cheapo Motel
6 which'll allow me to make very last minute changes and cancellations
without penalties. I've been using them all year and the amenities aren't to
brag about, it's inexpensive enough.

Regarding Western Mass, hmmmm, thanks for the idea! Guess it's not out of
the question (alot longer but, if it's worth it then why not.)

thanks ginny!