Old June 14th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Go Fig

In article , Miguel Cruz
wrote:

Go Fig wrote:
wrote:
I agree with that, and also California and the Midwest should have
high-speed rail systems. The problem is that our Republican government
doesn't care about global warming or oil conservation, and won't fund
intercity rail or practical mass transit within cities,

That is because the Federal Government is Constitutionally prohibited
from making such expenses.

A fact that will come as no surprise to anyone who remembers the
incarceration and eventual execution of everyone involved with planning and
implementing the interstate highway system.

How foolish or ignorant:

National Interstate and Defense Highways Act of 1956, was
Constitutionally justified.

jay
Mon Jun 13, 2005

miguel