Old May 31st, 2008, 04:03 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

Default India maps

"William Black" wrote in message

"grusl" wrote in message

Anyways ... Eicher publishes a perfectly good national road map of India,
regional road maps, and also do street directories of the five major
cities. Widely available in bookstores.

I've seem them recently, they're now available in the UK.

Have you used them at all?

Yes, I use the city maps all the time. Most drivers know their way around
but having a map helps to guide them to more obscure places (I used it to
help get to Nrityagram, the Odissi dance village outside Bangalore last
week). As I'm sure you've noticed, Indian drivers don't generally read maps.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore