Old March 18th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Bob

Default Return airfare- BKK-Taipei, or Singapore-Taipei in late April?

Thanks John.
I managed to do a shuffle with my flight into SEA to allow for an
open-aw itinerary. I'll end up getting a return ticket to Taipei from
Bangkok. I may even take a shot at trying AirAsia which has some
cheap deals at present.
Either way, I'll not be dropping 650 US.

(John) wrote in message . com...
"Peter L" wrote in message ...
"Bob" wrote in message
om...
Anyone got a good idea whether a return air fare from BKK to Taipei
would be cheaper that a return ticket from Singapore to Taipei?
I just checked Travelocity and was quoted a price of around $600 US
fjor a return ticket from BKK to Taipei.
I've bought tickets in SE Asia before a day prior to flights and
gotten good prices and am wondering if I should do the same when I get
to Asia in late April.

Don't use travelocity for intra-Asia flights.

$600 US, Bangkok-Taipei? Very, very pricey. In Taipei, any travel
agent can get you Bangkok and return for 350 . You have a choice of
Eva, China Airlines, and Thai for starters. It is not possibe that the
price you quote is at all reasonable. April is still low season for
travel around here...so don't agree to a sucker price. Find a local
travel agent.