Old May 15th, 2004, 03:51 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Mastercard ATM problems: Warning!

S Viemeister wrote:

Dan K wrote:

Yes, but the only ATM card that Charter One issues is their Mastercard
debit card. So if you are a customer of theirs, you have no choice.
Next trip I plan to get a pure ATM card from a different bank.

My bank automatically 'upgraded' me to a debit card. I insisted on having
it changed back to a 'plain vanilla' ATM card, even though the first few
people I spoke to, insisted it was impossible and claimed that 'all our
cards are debit cards now'.

If they have enough customers change banks in protest, I suspect they
may change their policy again. At least in large cities in the U.S.,
you have many banks advertising for your business on the radio - so long
as there are choices out there, no one has to stay with a bank whose
policies they dislike.