Old May 15th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Default Mastercard ATM problems: Warning!

As far as I can tell there is no difference in machine access or
liability in the US. Debit cards can be used for purchases and,
sometimes, cash access outside ATMs.

Alfred Molon wrote:

S Viemeister wrote:

My bank automatically 'upgraded' me to a debit card. I insisted on having
it changed back to a 'plain vanilla' ATM card, even though the first few
people I spoke to, insisted it was impossible and claimed that 'all our
cards are debit cards now'.

Is there a difference between a debit card and an ATM card ? Credit
cards give you a credit and you can pay back in rates, but debit cards
deduct the amount instantly or within a few days from your account.