Old March 24th, 2006, 03:30 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

Default Military Coup in the offing

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:14:08 GMT, michael wrote:

Pan wrote:
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:27:54 GMT, "WILLIAM"
wrote:

Thailand is a very peaceful kingdom, especially when compared to many of
its' neighbors.

How many of them? Name the countries. OK, I'll start: Burma. And?

and cambodia and indonesia and the phillipines...

How many killings are going on in Cambodia lately?

I think it's open to a lot of question whether Thailand is more
peaceful than Indonesia and the Philippines. Perhaps someone could
post figures on the number of killings in each country. Particularly
if you do a per capita comparison, I'm sure Thailand would come out on
the short end by comparison with Indonesia. And note that there is a
ceasefire in Aceh, and an existing, albeit fragile, peace agreement.
On the other hand, things are rather different in West Papua.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the NOTRASH. Please do not email me something which you also posted.