Old January 4th, 2008, 08:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
AZ Nomad

Default luggage locks

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:46:32 -0500, LVTravel wrote:

Used to use cable ties all the time before 9-11 and a few years later until
the TSA locks were introduced. Now use the locks and will occasionally
apply breakable seals on the zippers also. Didn't do it the trip to the
cruise.

I will take every precaution I can think of on my next cruise. On
the last cruise, my wife and I had about $250 of merchandise and clothing
stolen. Unless the TSA handlers routinely walk out of work with their
clothing stuffed to elephantine proportions, the theft probably occured
when the cruise staff had idiotically instructed us to leave our bags outside
the room for them to pickup sometime over the course of half a day.