Old July 10th, 2013, 11:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Wayne Dernoncourt

Default Royal Carribean from Colon, Panama

On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 22:00:38 -0400, Stef wrote
(in article ):

Wayne Dernoncourt wrote:

My wife & I are considering a trip on a Royal Caribbean cruise that departs
in Colon. I can only find flights that end in Panama City, Panama. We
were
told by an acquaintance that the ride between Panama City & Colon is on a
dirt road - this gives me pause and question the comfort for such a ride.
Am
I being overly concerned and is this an actual issue?

The Panama-Colon Expressway is a 100% paved, divided, four lane (two in
each direction) freeway the whole way. Just look on Google maps in
Satellite mode. You can see the whole freeway with cars and "rigs"
traveling it.

My cousin who's lived and worked as a civil engineer in Panama for over
40 years--and retired there--described the Canal Zone as like any
American area, except all the street signs are in Spanish.

Stef

That's what I figured. It didn't make any sense that a cruise line would
deal with a dirt road, but that is what the acquaintance reported. I didn't
think of using Google maps.

The travel agent is pushing Crown Air(??) for the flight.