Old March 28th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Nathaniel Riesenberg

Default nwa changed flight times, what are my options

I WAS booked on a NWA flight from lga-msp-las on 5/21/04,
departing 3:35 pm and arriving at 10:15 pm(connection time in MSP was
about 3 hours.) I received an e-mail noting changes to my (outbound)
trip, the new departure time would be 2:59 pm, I would arrive in LAS
at
11:02 pm (connection time in MSP 4 hrs 45 min.)
I called as soon as I received the e-mail and wanted to change my
flight
to a morning departure and morning arrival(in LAS.) This change did
appear(briefly) on my computer screen(I was periodically refreshing
the view of
my itinerary while speaking with the agent)--but that disappeared and
(reluctantly) accepted my new itinerary: departing LGA at 4:15 pm and
arriving in LAS (via DTW) at 8:48 pm.
I know that the tickets I purchased are non-cancellable etc. But
since
NWA initiated changs to my itinerary, I think that I should now have
the
right to also make changes(without penalty.)
I've gotten conflicting answers from NWA agents, one claimed that
there is a "one hour" rule, if they get me to my destination within
one hour of my originallly scheduled arrival time (and shorter
connecting time than I had previously) then I have to live with that.
Another agent claimed that the morning flights which were put in were
not in the same fare class and they had to be removed.
I tried searching their web site for rules governing my situation and
couldn't.
Does anyone know what the rules are?