Old October 24th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Martin Gerken

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:50:35 GMT, Thomas F. Unke
wrote:

I will have 12 days to visit Vietnam in December. What would be the
highlights (cultural, nature, cities, beaches?) and what route would
you recommend for these 12 days, starting from either Hanoi or
Saigon ?

That's a bit short. I'd start with Saigon, visit the Mekong Delta for
a few days and travel up to Hoi An. I wasn't impressed by the beaches
(esp. Nha Trang was a disappointment) so you may skip that.

MuiNe has a gorgeous beach!

Another option is a tour in the north, but it may be cold there in
December.

HaLong Bay should not be missed.

I'd suggest travelling by plane - with that many time you don't want to
spend it on a bus.

cu, Martin
--
Ubi bene ibi Colonia!