Old August 12th, 2008, 04:40 AM posted to alt.rec.camping,alt.rv,alt.travel.canada,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
MI

Default Watch out for Credit Card fees when travelling to Canada

On 8/11/08 7:21 PM, in article , "Dave Smith"
wrote:

Rog' wrote:

Recently, I was accidentally double-charged by a local restaurant. I
simply called the manager, gave him the date + transaction #'s, and a
few days later received a credit for the second charge.

You're lucky. It must have been an accident and they corrected it. I once got
Visa statement and there were two charges for a restaurant where I had used my
Visa card, one for the day we ate there and one for two days later. I called
Visa right away. They called the restaurant and they said they would credit my
account. They didn't. I called again, Visa said they would ask the restaurant
for a hard copy and if they didn't get it I would not be liable for the
charge.
Still didn't get it.

It went on for 5 or 6 months, until I happened to be going by the place and
went it (in uniform|) and demanded payment. They gave me a cheque and I
cashed
it immediately. A few days later someone from Visa called and asked if the
problem had been resolved. I told her about the cheque, and she said that was
good because...... after so much time had passed there wasn't much they could
do.. The *******s!!! I had contacted them as soon as I got the statement and
saw the fraudulent charge. If they had contacted the restaurant and demanded a
hard copy and didn't get on within the specified time, Visa should have
credited
my account and gone after the restaurant.

I once had the same thing happen. I phoned MasterCard and they checked, saw
what had happened and just charged it back to the restaurant. From the
sounds of things around here, I was lucky.

--
Martha T2 Canada
1500mg. Metformin, 4mg. Avandia