Old April 22nd, 2010, 01:58 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

Default New York advice

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:25:39 +0100, blackbat
wrote:

Thanks - this is very useful.
Although don't say "of course" I know absolutely nothing about that
stretch of coastline :-)
Mystic sounds nice.
Seems there are large outlets at Clinton and Westbrook.
What other towns are of interest along this coastline?
BTW very roughly, how long would it take to drive from NYC to Mystic?
Google suggests 3.5 hours in traffic.

Perhaps. On Friday afternoons it can be very very slow. I've spent an
hour going between Stamford and Fairfield.

Would Mystic be a good place to base ourselves for a week and take day
trips out?

I wouldn't think that there would be enough around for a week of day
trips.
Have you thought of going to Maine or other areas in northern New
England?

Any areas good for a swim? I guess the water's gonna be cold though.

There are a number of beaches in CT along Long Island Sound which can
be fairly warm in the summer. It's a relatively small body of water so
it will warm up more than the Atlantic.