Old April 19th, 2009, 11:16 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
aquachimp

Default Oyster card de-/reactivation?

On Apr 17, 11:18*pm, (Georg Schwarz) wrote:
I've got a non-personalised, pre-pay London Transport Oyster card that
was last used in December 2007. Must I assume it has been deactivated by
now? If I give it to someone travelling to the UK, can he top it up
again at Heathrow airport and immediately reuse it? Or does it require a
more elaborate reactivation procedure?

--
Georg Schwarz * *http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
*+49 151 11559652

I understand (from the eurostar employee selling them) that they're
fine "valid" for 2 years. I assume that means valid for 2 years if not
topped up. What I don't know is if the 2 years then gets added to the
most recent top-up