Old September 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
mike

Default Quick dry socks for washing in sinks

What socks can I buy (U.S.) that will dry quicker than regular 100%
cotton "crew socks" (go up to somewhere between the ankle and the
knee"? I will be washing socks in sinks with camp soap, and the cotton
ones I have take forever to dry. "Dress socks" would be thinner, but I
hate the feel--and hiking socks are too bulky to pack. I do wear
hiking shoes, but not "hiking socks" (just the crew socks I mentioned,
and those work just fine).

Any advice on materials or specific brands? Preferably something I can
buy at a U.S. retail store like Dick's Sporting Goods, REI, Walmart,
Target, or other chain stores.

Thanks very much.

Mike