Old August 26th, 2004, 07:18 AM
RVerDon

How things change!
When I visited an April 22 many years ago, I drove right down the
dirt road to the Postpile. Why do I remember the date? I was at
Furnace Creek on April 23 and it was upteen degrees warmer than
anticipated. Extremely memorable.

I remember going to the Postpile the first time when I was 7 or 8. That was
1937 or 38. We were in a 34 Ford 2 door sedan. I was in the back seat with
all the camping gear and food. No trunk on the 34 Ford. I remember the
road as being nothing but a couple of tracks for several miles. We went
over Tioga Pass to get to the Postpile and it wasn't much of a road in those
days either.

Don in Tracy, Calif.