Old April 26th, 2006, 02:38 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default East Africa - Drought Conditions

It looks like east Africa is finally receiving a decent amount of rain
which is long overdue. The immediate effect of the rain may cuase some
problems as flooding will impact and already desperate situation.
Here's an update on the rains for April 2006:

http://wwww.reliefweb.int/rw/RWB.NSF...Q?OpenDocument

Monthly updates from USAID:
http://www.fews.net/centers/?f=ke

News on the crisis in Kenya:
http://www.fao.org/newsroom/en/news/...284/index.html
http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org...03-13-2006.cfm

****

There are extreme problems all over Africa which will need time and
money to improve. I hope that anyone who is willing to spend thousands
of dollars to visit these places will also be willing to donate a small
amount to aid organizations which are trying to help these people. I
understand that tourism itself helps in these countries but tourism
does not always reach the worst hit areas.

I personally donate to Doctors Without Borders as they are one of the
most efficient aid organizations in terms of maximing the impact of
every dollar contributed (84% of each dollar is used for support.)
http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Whichever charity you prefer, please make a donation to help these
people...

-Alan