Old June 5th, 2012, 03:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Cruise Ships Financially Exploit Onshore Stores

On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 20:17:54 -0400, Bill
wrote:

On 6/4/2012 12:20 AM, wrote:

I also found in Cozumel specifically that the cruise ship recommended
stores had fixed prices but the stores on the back streets(which the
cruise ship shopper said were unsafe and no one should go there) were
willing to bargain.

So is this what you consider greed? I am confused.

I don't know what you mean, so I am confused too.

I've also shopped at
some places in Cozumel that were not on the cruise line's list. There is
one jeweler we have bought from on a couple of different occasions. Then
there was another place that sold onyx animals. The woman barely spoke
any English. Fortunately my son knew that the Spanish word for bear was oso.