Old June 6th, 2012, 04:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Default Cruise Ships Financially Exploit Onshore Stores

On 6/5/2012 10:59 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 20:17:54 -0400, Bill
wrote:

On 6/4/2012 12:20 AM,
wrote:

I also found in Cozumel specifically that the cruise ship recommended
stores had fixed prices but the stores on the back streets(which the
cruise ship shopper said were unsafe and no one should go there) were
willing to bargain.

So is this what you consider greed? I am confused.

I don't know what you mean, so I am confused too.

You had said:

If the people were paying attention (or weren't so greedy), or if they
had ever been to a cruise ship destination like Cozumel when they were
not on a cruise, this wouldn't be a surprise to them. It's no worse
than those art auctions.

and then:

The greed is people wanting to buy stuff on the cheap. They are
trying to fool the vendor into giving them more than they are paying
for. If they weren't focused so much on getting a bargain, they
might think a little more about it.

and then this:

It is greed. And the markets where people bargain and think they get
the better of the vendor - the vendor just lets them think that. If
the vendor did not make a profit, they wouldn't stay in business.

but then you said this:

I also found in Cozumel specifically that the cruise ship recommended
stores had fixed prices but the stores on the back streets(which the
cruise ship shopper said were unsafe and no one should go there) were
willing to bargain.

So you're telling us that people who look for bargains in cruise
destinations like Cozumel are being greedy. Then you tell us about
stores on the back streets where you can bargain. I am confused how
you're telling us looking for a bargain is greed and then you tell us
that you also do it.

Did that help?