Old December 18th, 2008, 04:35 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

Default Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

[Apparently 'talking to' anybody *but* pltrgyst/Larry.]

pltrgyst wrote:
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:17:07 +0100, Frank Slootweg
wrote:

[rec.travel.australia+nz re-added. See below as to why. Please don't
break it again, at least not for this sub-thread. Thanks.]

OK. I'll leave the headers intact just this once.

Thanks.

No, I just don't care to cross-post. I only inhabit rec.travel.usa-canada.

No offense, but we (TINW) don't care that you don't care, and we don't
care which group(s) you inhabit. Someone posted in some groups and you
responded.

No offense, but I don't care that you don't care that I don't care. There's
nothing that says I have to play by your imaginary rules and cross-post.

FWIW, as I said, they are not imaginary and not my rules, but *the*
rules, at least for the how to use Newsgroups: and Followup-To: part.

I intended my reply for consideration by only those in the usa-canada
group. I have no interest in discourse with those discussing travel in
the southern hemisphere.

That may well be, but, as I said, you addressed a *person* or/and a
*topic*. The person probably/possibly only subscribes to australia+nz.
The topic was not any more on-topic in usa-canada than it was in
australia+nz, and it was not related to "discussing travel in the
southern hemisphere", so the second sentence of your above argument
doesn't fly.

.... N.B. I realize full well and acknowledge that you can do as you damn
well please, but that does not mean that we have to take it lying down,
does it!? :-)

On USEnet? Of course not! Have at it! But first, Frank, as I sit here sipping
MacChouffe and nibbling a sensational Boerenkaas, it was nice meeting you. But
all good things must come to an end, so -- {threadkill} and {plonk}.

Thanks for the *order* of the threadkill/kill, I *think*! :-)