Old April 10th, 2015, 12:52 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.travel.europe,soc.history.medieval
Jamie Kahn Genet

Default back from the brink

Erilar wrote:

nospam wrote:
In article
-september.
, Erilar wrote:

I'm battling back from disaster-- almost all my apps on the iPad were wiped
clean of all data somewhere in the middle of the nasty battle with a new
computer with the worst OS I've ever had to deal with: Yosemite. I now have
to clear away the old posts here to get up to date before I leave home on
my yearly trip combo and have only Newstap on the iPad with me.

only because itunes asked if you wanted to delete them and you said
yes. you apparently did not migrate the old system to the new computer,
so itunes saw it as a different computer.

It WAS migrated by someone much more capable than I, but I did something
wrong on the backup attempt.

And what happened to your backups of the iTunes data from your older
machine? What happened to the older computer itself, with it's data?