Old February 22nd, 2006, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Seattle to Vancouver transfer, for 5 people

Check out the ferry system.
They are surprisingly fast and comfortable.
"Barbara" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
(It's been far too long since I last planned a cruise using
rec.travel.cruises, so it's nice to be back. We're sailing on back to
back coastal-and-Alaskan itineraries, starting in San Pedro/LA and
ending in Seattle...12 lovely days of cruising!)

We have a group of 5 (3 adults, 2 children age 3), and will need to get
back to Vancouver after our cruise. With our two strollers, two car
seats, three large suitcases, four carry ons...so just hopping in a
taxi for the bus station won't do.

Amtrak or greyhound bus? -- We've decided that the 5+ hour bus ride
would likely be a bit difficult for our active girls. I'm sure it's
doable, but it might not be overly comfortable. Would still require
getting a taxi van or two taxis to the bus station with all the
luggage.

Train? -- only leaves once a day, at 7:40am. This would require a hotel
overnight, and a taxi in the early am to the train. We are having some
difficulty agreeing on hotels amongst the adults. We'd likely splurge
for business class and friendly redcap service with the luggage. But,
we'd still have to *get* to the train station with all the luggage.

Car rental? We'd need a van or SUV, on a one way rental, but are
having difficulty finding anything affordable (eg under $300US). I did
find an AVIS rental for $287 without any mileage included....This rate
would atleast provide us with transportation for the weekend and a ride
to the Vancouer airport at the end of our stay.

Transfer - RCI doesn't provide a coach transfer to Vancouver on this
itinerary.

As lovely as Seattle surely is, we *do* need to get back home, via
Vancouver!
Any thoughts or ideas welcomed.