Old May 8th, 2007, 07:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.travel.europe
Paul Heslop

Default National archaeological museum, Athens

Martin wrote:

On Mon, 07 May 2007 21:03:14 GMT, Paul Heslop
wrote:

Alfred Molon wrote:

Does anybody know if photography is allowed in this museum?
--

Alfred Molon

I tried finding official verification but noticed what looks like
someone's private collection of shots taking during a visit, so it
looks like it may be okay

http://www.pbase.com/rmcbee/23natmus

then i found this small guide which tells you of a few conditions to
the museum...

http://www.igougo.com/travelcontent/...?entryID=18641

It doesn't allow me to cut and paste any of it but mentions that you
have to check large items in at the cloakroom and that photography is
allowed but no flash, tripods or filming of visitors.

It let me cut and paste

"Visitors are asked to check in large parcels at the coatroom at no charge.
Photography of the art is allowed in the museum, but no flash, no tripod and
"filming of persons within the Museum is prohibited" according to the helpful
map handed out at the admission desk. The lower basement level features a
cafeteria, museum shop, lavatories, and a couple of works displayed in the inner
garden. Note that the Museum has different summer and winter opening hours, and
confirm if you are on a tight schedule."
--

Martin

Hmmm, must be something to do with Forte Agent then, IE wouldn't let
me even place a marker on the page to start the operation.

--
Paul (Please dont take a picture)
Stop and Look