Old July 10th, 2006, 02:59 AM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Harry Lavo

Default Could somebody recommend good inexpensive audiophile quality speakers?

"UC" wrote in message
Try to find some nice used British monitors.

IMF, Spendor, Rogers, KEF, B&W, etc. have made good models at various
price points.

Typical examples:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-FRIED-ST...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-ROGERS-LS6A...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/pair-of-vintage-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPENDOR-SP-3-1-S...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/KEF-Reference-Mo...QQcmdZViewItem

I can enthusiastically endorse the IMF's. Back in the 80's I had both TL-50
transmission lines and the Super Compacts (which incidentally except for
deep bass sounded remarkably alike). I'm sorry I ever sold them...along
with the Thiels the best speakers I have ever owned (better than the
Magnapan II's and Heil's, IMO).