Old November 11th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Reid

Default rec.travel.europe FAQ

Following up to Deep Freud Moors

As I don't have a default mailer, this doesn't work for me. I just get
an error message instead! Isn't web programming fun? ;o)

Ah! I used to have a text description of the address there, i'll
add it back. Thanks.

I currently display a photo slide show with animated GIFs, I
might be nicer if I had fading transitions and the user could
click on the current image and go to it. I suspect javascript can
achieve this.

Yes, you certainly can. You need to create the gifs appropriately, and
use Javascript to handle the clicking, mouse-overing and changing of
the images. There are plenty of free gif animators around, so you only
really need time and creativity. The testing process is the real acid
test...

Photoshop handles the GIFs, so i'm OK there.
I think i'll do that as it should look quite nice. I have
Microsoft, Netscape and Opera set up to test pages.

"http://www.fellwalk.co.uk/p_home.htm"
I set the page up because someone asked to buy some photos out of
the blue, I set up a sales page, enquiries to date.........0!
Early days though.

Yeah, I hear you. As you probably guessed, I have put precisely bugger
all effort into my site, not even bothering to host it properly. There
is not even an index page. One of these days I might grab a proper
domain name, and create a combined travel / bicycle / chocolate /
surfing / bushwalking / artwork site, but until then, all the funds
are getting spent on wandering the globe...

and the time on usenet :-)
I believe the world is crying out for a travel / bicycle /
chocolate /surfing / bushwalking / artwork site, I sometimes
google "artistic travelling chocolate surfboards and bicycles"
and nothing comes up. The niche is there.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso