Old November 29th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Bill Piety

Default Barcelona drive - Extra four days - Recommendations?

Depending on your interests, Sitges is only a 30 minute train ride
(similar via car) from Barcelona, right on the coast, with many bars and
restaurants and wide range of accommodations. Christmas/New Year's Eve are
very festive.
On
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:39:58 -0800, Dave J. wrote:

Hi -- I'll be in Barcelona on New Year's and for a few days in
January. Three questions, help is very much appreciated.

1) Any ideas of what to do on New Year's Eve 2003? I guess we'll just
walk the Ramblas, etc.

2) I'll be renting a car and leaving Barcelona for about four days.
Have to get back to the airport there, so can't go more than a 4-5
hour drive. Any suggestions of interesting towns, villages, moderate
hotels for my several days? I can go to France or stay in Spain, ideas
most welcome! We are avid travelers, and most enjoy interesting
towns/cities and just walking/eating/wine,etc.

3) Any suggestions for a place to stay outside of Barcelona for the
last night, where I need to get into the airport to return my car and
get on a 10AM flight home? I hope that there is a small town wtihin a
90 minute drive of the airport.

Thanks!

Dave