Old October 7th, 2012, 12:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

Default Back on topic - Lake Garda

On Saturday, October 6, 2012 11:28:20 AM UTC+1, poldy wrote:
In article ,

Surreyman wrote:

D'yall remember that this is a European travel site?

For any interested, we have just given the Lake Garda, Italy, region a good

'go', and would be happy to advise or answer any questions.

Surreyman

I'm thinking of going to Verona and Sirmione would be a day trip to do.

Is there a lot more to the region around the Lake? Enough say to divert

more time from say the Dolomites?

Well, I'm a mountain man too! This area has so many attractions you're going to have to prioritise according to your time & interests.

Verona is quietly delightful. We prefer it as an environment to Florence (Florence's major attractions, of course, are largely indoors apart from the obvious sights).

Sirmione is probably one of the most attractive visits on Garda, and don't miss the superb Roman ruins at the northern cape.

You can encompass the whole Lake Garda scene by getting a return ferry ticket from, say, Garda town (south) to Riva (extreme north and, in fact, in the Tyrol!). In one day on a very pleasant cruise you see most of the villages.

Surreyman