Old April 1st, 2009, 12:04 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Barcelona advice

On Mar 31, 2:50*am, "Ian F." wrote:
I've heard good
things about the Avenida Palace.

I just got back from a trip that included a stay at the Hotel Avenida
Palace. It is a nice hotel in a good location for a first-time
tourist. I went as a part of a tour group, so I don't really know how
much it costs, but it definitely is not a budget hotel. It is
conveniently close to Placa de Catalunya, Las Ramblas, and the
Eixample. Except for our bus tour of the city highlights, we walked
everywhere.

One thing I did not like was the high charge for internet access. It
was something like €10 for one hour and €17 for one day at a "low"
data rate, with even higher charges for a higher data rate. As far as
I know, nobody in our group paid. (In contrast, our lower cost 3*
hotel in Madrid included internet access, both wireless wifi and wired
ethernet).