Old November 24th, 2011, 05:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

Default My Noise Complaint With Carnival (Liberty)

On 11/24/2011 2:35 AM, Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:44:09 -0600, Janet wrote:

It appears to me that any cruise line that would put a passenger cabin
in an area exposed to such noise would be more interested in revenue
than in passenger satisfaction.

Is there a cruise line that *isn't* more interested in revenue than passenger?

I think so. I've never cruised on Carnival, but the lines I like to
cruise with are ready and willing to do whatever will make me happy.

I have taken the time after several voyages to write to the company and
commend the service of particular personnel.

I'm not very demanding, but when something needs attention, like in the
cabin or an erroneous charge on my bill, it gets immediate and
satisfactory attention.

When we had to leave a ship in Italy to put my DH in a hospital, a
representative from the line's home office was in constant contact with
me. She notified the US Embassy and was instrumental in forcing our
travel insurance company to get us home. The line also provided me with
a port agent who translated for me and took very good care of me while I
was there. They had been paid for the cruise and the illness was not
caused by anything on the ship, yet they took excellent care of us.

This was not, BTW, a luxury line.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas