Old March 17th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Miguel Cruz

Default Breaking News!!

Joey Jolley wrote:
1. Alternative Energy-Wind, solar, tidal power. Biomass and
hydrogen also on the drawing board.
2. Green Buildings and homes
3. Pristine lands and open space
4. Mixed-use developments (retail on the ground floor,
offices/condos/apartments on top)
5. Smart Growth/New Urbanism neighborhoods-neighborhoods that
have everything within walking distance of where we live
6. Places for wildlife
7. Downtown areas where residences, shopping, restaurants, etc.
are all located in one spot
8. Dense cities and towns. If possible, overhauling our cities
and towns so they're smaller and about the size they were before World
War II
9. Alternative transportation. Get around by bicycle, foot, or
mass transit. No cars. Gradually dismantle the road network.
10. Have car-free cities. Turn the streets of a city like San
Francisco, New York, or Seattle into pedestrian malls. Or build new
car-free cities.

and then on to...

19. Overhaul the United States by turning by abolishing the fifty
states and combing them into regional subdivisions. Move the US
Capital from Washington to San Francisco and change to female
leadership. Shrink the government and give internal subdivisions
21. Contact sports are banned because they promote violence and
aggression. Keep sports such as baseball and soccer. Americans deal
with aggression by holding ritual war games.
22. A more liberated American population with a twenty-hour work
week, hippie-style romance, etc.
23. Communal living arrangements but keep them voluntary. Keep
non-communal arrangements for those who want them.
24. A love for trees and animals are left alone and treated as
sentient creatures
25. Nature-based and New Age religion

This is how you can tell our troll is a pro-car propagandist. He starts out
with sensible ideas that he is opposed to, and then attempts to tar them by
association with off-the-wall lunacy.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/