Old April 25th, 2011, 01:52 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

Default Blue Ridge Parkway

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 16:06:45 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 10:11:04 -0500, JB wrote:

Any one take this scenic drive before from Virginia down through North
Carolina and ending in Tennessee? I'm looking at doing this on our way
back from the Outer Banks in October.

Yeah, it's gorgeous. But allow plenty of time, because it's slow, and
speed enforcement is quite dedicated.

-- Larry

It is called a parkway but it isn't. Especially in the southern part,
it is winding and has a low speed limit. And if it is when the leaves
are turning, there will be more traffic. It is only one lane in each
direction.

It is beautiful and worth doing but it is important to realize the
limitation.

Years ago we went to Blowing Rock and ate at a restaurant called the
Best Cellar. We had a wonderful dinner. From the reviews, apparently
the restaurant we went to burned down and they moved, but it still
seems like a good place to go.