Old December 27th, 2005, 10:17 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default LAM (Mozambique domestic flights)

Has anyone flown with LAM on domestic routes in Mozambique?
I want to fly Maputo-Pemba-Maputo in Feb. 2006.
I'm specifically interested in how booking/confirmation works.
The web site is very informal. When you "book", you don't get
asked for any credit card details, there is no confirmation email
sent, no-one there responds to email when you send them, and
it's difficult to get any information an the phone, especially if
you don't speak Portugese.
That's all not really enough to plan a trip and just turn up at the
airport hoping to get on the flight at the price you got offered.
What do people do who don't have infinite time and flexibility
in their schedule?
Many thanks for any experiences/advice,
David