Old January 10th, 2006, 10:40 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default LAM (Mozambique domestic flights)

Tundris wrote:
"David Johnstone" wrote in message

Hi David,

I now have to pay for and collect the tickets by 4 Feb.,
unfortunately they didn't say how or where to do that
so I'll probably have to wait a bit for that information.

Did you already paid for ticket ?

And may be you can explane what does mean fare types:
Jacto popular, Super Jacto, Special Fare and etc.
Can I pick any of them ?

I assume as far as they are available you can pick any fare.
There is an explaination on the website under "fares" of
the different conditions associated with each fare.

I couldn't make contact with LAM to arrange payment and
ticket issue. I couldn't understand LAM Maputo on the
phone, or every time I asked if there was anyone who spoke
English they kept me waiting several minutes and then the
line went dead. LAM Johannesburg told me that my booking
number was not in the computer and that an internet booking
could not be considered confirmed.

In the end we made contact with a travel agent in Maputo
who has (hopefully!) done the booking for us. I paid by direct
bank transfer to a Mozambiquan account in US dollar.

David