Old September 18th, 2003, 01:51 AM
Spehro Pefhany

Default Luggage Storage in HK Airport

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:28:55 +0300, the renowned "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

An unauthorized reference sends me in jail.

Luggage Lockers at Hong Kong Airport

Q: Dear Sir/Madam, I was wondering if you could tell me whether the Hong
Kong airport has facilities to store luggage, and what the price per day is?

A: There is a left luggage counter in the arrival hall (on level 5, near the
McDonalds). They are open from 6.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. It is unfortunately a
little bit expensive: 40HK§ for one day, 60 HK$ for the second day and for
each day more 80HK$ per piece of luggage. If you need your bags stored
because of a late evening flight, you can also ask your hotel to store the
bags for you. All the better hotels (from middle class up) provide this
service

Cheap guesthouses will do it too, though they might charge a bit (last
time they charged me HKD90 for one medium sized duffle bag for a week
or so while I popped over to China). The bags are sometimes not very
secure, even in high end hotels, but in the low end places they are
sometimes left in the hallway. I've had no problems, however.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany