Old April 2nd, 2007, 04:05 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
April 2007

Default Singapore Airline has boxes installed underneath seats

"grusl" wrote in message

"PeterL" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 1, 7:16 pm, "Tchiowa" wrote:
On Apr 2, 5:10 am, "April 2007" wrote:

I understand Singapore Airline's 747 flying between SFO and Hong Kong
has
entertainment boxes under seats. Can anyone confirm exact box
locations so
that we can avoid it. Thank you.

???

First, the entertainment control is not under the seats. It's in the
galley.

Second, all seat have custom controls and thus some kind of box
attached.

Third, so what? Why would you want to avoid it?

the radiation I am sure. OP can wear a tin foil hat to ward off the
evil rays.

Let me try that again.

I believe the poster is referring to the shoebox sized consructions under
some aisle seats - I think only in wide bodied jets - that can impede your
leg room if you're really tall (doesn't affect me) or reduce space for a
bag if you put it under your feet. I've noticed them in recent years on TG
but don't know about other airlines.

Cheers,
George W. Russell
Bangalore

Eva Air, A330-200, has 6" x 12" x 6" box underneath all aisle seats. Limit
and reduce toe room to 6" max. So it Singapore Air on all 747-400, under
center aisle seats.