Old September 13th, 2007, 12:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Marty Shapiro

Default CNN article on problems in Air Travel, as seen by FAA

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Allen" wrote

AVIATION FUEL
General Aviation Fuel Aviation gasoline: $0.193/gallon
Tax Jet fuel: $0.218/gallon
Commercial Fuel Tax $0.043/gallon

Wow! I didn't know that the airlines paid almost no tax on fuel. Do
the corporate jets get the same tax break, or do they pay the higher
rate of .s28 per gallon? From your post, I take that they do not.
How about the new light jet businesses that do the taxi type charters?

The airlines really have balls complaining about others not paying
their fair share, when they pay squat on fuel, and little on per seat
taxes. Typical of their powerful lobby.

It still ****es me off, though.

Only the airlines pay no tax for fuel. All part 91 GA operations,
which includes corporate jets pay.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.