Old January 31st, 2004, 04:31 AM
Christine

Default WHEN IS A RESORT ?

I pretty sure there is no legal definition of "resort". I know some camp
grounds that bill themselves as resorts. Your best bet is to google
information about the place before bidding on it.

Christine

"RJ" wrote in message
Our local PBS station is having a "vacation auction"
where you can bid on 1, 2, or 3 night stays at "resorts"
in Canada, U.S., Carribean, etc.

And this started a discussion with my wife;

When does a hotel/motel qualify as a "resort" ?
Is it a certain level of activities available ? on premises ?
Does an in-house restaurant make it a "resort" ?

Can a motel in a resort town bill itself as a "resort" ?

Opinion? facts ?

rj