Old November 30th, 2007, 08:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Doug Weller

Default Can you buy UK to US tickets with US dollars while in the UK?

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:17:02 -0500, in rec.travel.air, Rog' wrote:

"Doug Weller" wrote:
I fly UK -US round trip to visit my elderly dad. He pays for the
tickets, giving me US dollars. But I end up paying iunds and
lose heavily in the dollars to pounds conversion. If I could pay
from my US bank account I'd save. But I haven't been able to
figure out how to do this (I'm talking online of course).

Get a debit or credit card from your US bank and use it to book
your tickets. If you use it at a US-based travel service r website,
you won't have to pay the foreign-exchange fee. I've booked
flights on US websites that originated elsewhere, athough some
require a US address (use dad's).

I've got the card, can you recommend some US sites that I can use for UK
originating tickets and access from the UK?

Thanks
Doug
--
Doug Weller --