Old November 30th, 2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Doug Weller

Default Can you buy UK to US tickets with US dollars while in the UK?

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:32:08 -0500, in rec.travel.air, Rog' wrote:

"Doug Weller" wrote :
I've got the card, can you recommend some US sites that I
can use for UK originating tickets and access from the UK?

I like to use www.cheaptickets.com to compare fares. But I've
relied on www.expedia.com (not the UK version) to book travel
on non-U.S. airlines for flights originating outside the U.S. For
some reason, Expedia seems adept at finding code-shared flights among
/foreign/ airlines with significant price differentials.

I recently took a flight from Athens to Frankfurt on Lufthansa for
a price that was cheaper using the Aegean Air flight-code, which
I only found on Expedia. I also used Expedia for a flight from
Venice to Rome on AirOne at a discount to what its code-share
partners were charging.

If flying on a U.S. air carrier, I'd use that carrrier's website but
give them a U.S. physical address, regardless of what e-mail
address you use for e-ticket delivery. =R=

Thanks to you and John.
I shall try expedia.com and the carrier next time. Since I have a US
bank account with a US physical address, it should be no problem. I wish
I'd asked before.
Just registered with Expedia.com and it works.
What's interesting is with the uk site, US Airways is cheapest, with the
US site, Delta is!

Doug
--
Doug Weller --