Old January 8th, 2008, 04:59 AM posted to soc.culture.china, rec.travel.usa-canada, soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.japan, soc.culture.taiwan
Ira IRa IRA Humperdink MD[_2_]

Default what is cheapest method to attend china olympics?

On Jan 7, 1:11 am, baldeagle wrote:
On Jan 7, 12:06 am, "Jim" wrote:

On Jan 5, 1:27 pm, PeterL wrote:
any secrets for Americans to securing cheap western-style motel rooms
and eating well with minimum expense inside china during the
olympics? Can we bid on cheap hotel accommodations on priceline?

There is no chance to secure hotel rooms or service
appartments in Beijing during the Oympics....all hotel
rooms, cheap or not so cheap, are all fully booked.

Your best bet is to book a room in a hotel, in the nearby
township. Langfang Shi (town), located about 40 kilo metres
away from Beijing.. is less than a hour away by bus or
train. This town is half way between Beijing and Tianjin,
the seaport city.

There is no online booking service for all the hotels in
Langfang. You could book a room through a travel agent
in Beijing.

Good luck.

thank you so much. which chinese airlines are "safe", and which are
to be avoided? I don't want to book some cheap tickets only to find
out the pilot is drunk.