Old April 29th, 2006, 06:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default IBERIA launches new Low Cost Airline to Compete againg Air Berlin , Easyjet , Ryanair

"Nige" wrote in message

Iberia, the Spanish flag carrier, will launch a low-cost airline in
October to compete with rivals such as EasyJet, Ryanair and Air Berlin,
low-cost carriers that have cornered almost one-third of airline travel
to Spain.

IBERIA European flights already feel like 'low cost' airline flights. BA
code share many flights from UK to Spain and I know who I would prefer to
fly with. BA have reduced fares to compete with Easyjet & Ryanair but
without jeopardising standards. Frankly IBERIA need a new 'brand' and
management to even try to compete in UK and Germany.

I flew with Iberia from LHR to Barcelona at Easter last year.
I was flabergasted to be offered a menu (like on a budget airline) and be
asked to cough up 5 Euros or whatever for a bocadillo de jamon.

Gerry