Old February 20th, 2006, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Days at Sea vs. Days in Port

KennethGorelick wrote:
Which do you prefer? I prefer days at sea, because I like just being
on the ship.

The 10 day cruise I was just on was about half and half ... perfect ...

Since our winter vacation is mostly for my wife to recharge after the
Christmas mania ... the after Christmas returns and then inventory ...
a day at sea for the first day is exactly what the doctor ordered
(though not making a cruise a medical deduction ... like it should be
....) ... we also had 2 days at sea returning ... nice and relaxing
after hectic port days ...
I love sea days ...and just being on the ship is wonderful ... but
without ports ... there's something taken away from each of the 3
vacations on every cruise ... the planning - the taking - and the
reliving ...