Old February 21st, 2006, 03:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Days at Sea vs. Days in Port

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article .com,
"KennethGorelick" wrote:
Which do you prefer? I prefer days at sea, because I like just being
on the ship.

It isn't either/or but rather the mix. I usually prefer a day at
sea to settle in. Then no more than three ports in a row before
having another day off. Much more than three ports in three days and
the cruise begins to take on the ambiance of a forced march...

Couldn't agree more. I'm working through that exact scenario for my
Miracle cruise in less than two weeks (!!!). We start with a sea day,
then four port days and end with a sea day. I've been on similar
cruises with sea days on each end, but either the first or last day was
a "private island" day which I kind of count more as a sea day than a
port day (that's just how my head wraps around those days). So, for
this upcoming cruise, I have two port days planned as strictly vegging
on the beach days, one as an active day with a long snorkeling tour
planned, and one as a beach/touring day. Hopefully, I won't get that
"forced march" feeling.

Lee

--
"Distracting a politician from governing is like distracting a bear from eating your baby."
--PJ O'Rourke