Old December 3rd, 2011, 08:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

Default I-287 / US 206 ?? Southern NJ

Driving from Wash DC to Boston and trying to avoid NJ Turnpike GW bridge etc
and wondering anyone can tell me....

Is 287/ US 206 is an alternative to NJT / GDP and GW?
Is it a good road to travel even at rush hour ( 50-60 mph) or is US206
merely a series of "Main Streets" through lots of small towns ?

I go back/forth to FLA a lot and trying to avoid the neverending congestion
of NJ/NYC area. So I'd take 95 N around DC in offhours (Google has me going
thru - down Penn Ave etc) via east part of 495 to 95, then get onto 287 (#19
in google directions).
I'd skip GW bridge and Tappan Zee . It's an hour or two longer - compared to
those but it's much more enjoyable.

http://g.co/maps/h7k63
Any feedback from locals is appreciated.